Thursday, September 10, 2009

Well my hubby is recovering from his first of 2 or 3 knee surgeries, and I have to admit it was rough seeing him so miserable today. The nurse and wife in me wanted to stay at the hospital and make sure he was as comfortable as possible, but Jordan and the hospital wouldn't allow it. When we had to leave, John was still in quite a bit of pain and extremely groggy from the medications. He was aware enough to mumble that he loved Jordan and I, but couldn't keep his eyes open for more than a few seconds. I have been a nurse for 7 years now and it has always been so easy for me to take care of my patients without getting too emotionally involved, but when it's YOUR loved one it's completely different. I think I like being the nurse much better! Sitting here at home without him is never my favorite; it is surprisingly quiet and boring without him. At the same moment they wheeled John into the operating room, our house closed and we became official homeowners. I have quite a bit to still do before the movers show up in 11 hours, yet I am unable to get the motivation to get up and get started! Luckily Jordan just woke up and is ready to eat so I can enjoy my sweet boy and work on finding that motivation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment