After searching through every box in the house with no luck, I decided to order a new camera cord. It came in the mail today and, wow, I have A LOT of catching up to do. There were almost 500 photos on my camera, all taken over the last 6 months. I thought if I just kept looking my old cord would pop up in one of the few boxes I had left to unpack. Before I knew it months had gone by and the pictures were starting to add up. I have so many things to blog about but they wouldn't have been as great without pictures to go along with the story!
I will start with the birth of our baby boy, Jordan Kevin Peak.
I arrived at the hospital at 7am on June 18Th, 2009. My doctor agreed to induce me since ultrasounds were estimating his weight to be over 8 lbs. I couldn't imagine giving birth to a bigger baby and on top of that I was swollen, waddling every where and so tired of sleepless nights!
John and I were joined by my dad and step-mom as well as his mom. It was so wonderful to have their support.
It seemed like I was progressing very slowly at first but within an hour of them breaking my bag of water I was in horrible pain. They gave me my epidural right away, which then made me very dizzy and almost pass out. It can drop your blood pressure and that it did!! At the same time Jordan's heart rate kept dropping which had me very nervous. Sometimes, I think it's better to not have knowledge of all the bad things that can happen medically. After watching me closely for about an hour they called the doctor to come look at me and see what was going on with our baby's low heart rate. When she arrived around 2pm, she said "Oh, that's why! Gina, it's time to push!!" I was shocked and a little nervous, but ready. I wanted to finally hold my baby boy in my arms. Within 10 minutes our perfect little angel arrived, healthy and screaming! He weighed 7lbs 1oz and was 19 inches long. The birth of your child is a day like no other; amazing, wonderful and filled with joy.

No comments:
Post a Comment